January 4th, 2014 By Veronica Smith
But this summer remove your sun tan or sunburn with some homemade remedies. Although the market has been flooded with numerous products with gigantic claims but homemade things are far safer with no side effects. You can use these homemade packs to remove sun tan from your face, arms, hands, neck, back and feet.
Here are some homemade remedies and tips to remove tan:
Mixture of Tomato and Curd
Mash fresh tomato into a paste and add curd to it. Mix well until it gets smooth and creamy. Tomato contains antioxidant, which clears the skin. Apply it on the tan area and wash it off after 20 minutes with water.
Mixture of Lemon Juice, Rose Water and Cucumber Juice
Pack of these three ingredients is very effective in removing tans. Lemon juice is citric acid that removes the tan and the cucumber and rose water are cooling agents.
Milk and Turmeric
Add a pinch of turmeric powder to milk and apply it on the sun tanned area. Wash it off after 15 minutes.
Mixture of Oats and Buttermilk
The mixture must be rubbed onto the tanned area as the oats will exfoliate the skin and buttermilk is extremely soothing for skin.
January 4th, 2014 By Veronica Smith
Some of the information is factual and some of it is false. Here are some common skin myths and misconceptions that are far away from the truth.
A product with SPF 30 offers twice as much protection as an SPF 15
SPF of 15 blocks only about 93% of UVB light, and SPF of 30 filters out 97% and those any higher don’t proffer much more benefit. Any sunscreen will be effective only if it’s reapplied at least every two hours. Always use sunscreen with broad-spectrum protection, which blocks both UVB and UVA rays.
Makeup with built-in SPF is as effective as sunscreen
Relying on makeup with built-in SPF for sun protection is a big no-no. It would take almost 14 times the normal amount of powder used and seven times the normal amount of foundation used to get the desired amount of SPF.
Toners dry out skin
It’s not all true that toners aren’t good for skin as they dry out skin. Toners that contain SD Alcohol 40 are extremely drying to the skin but toners that are alcohol-free will not harm the skin. Using a toner is a crucial step in a good skin care regimen. Toners remove cleanser residue, tap water’s chlorine and makes your skin healthier and more hydrated.
Oily skin doesn’t require moisturizer
This belief is not at all true. People having oily skin types should avoid using heavy and greasy oil-based moisturizers. Instead they should use water-based moisturizers that keeps skin cells healthy and put off dead skin cell build-up.
Scrubbing your face keeps pimples at bay
Sorry to say but harsh scrubbing dries out skin, which spurs extra oil production and more breakouts. More scrubbing means more pimples. Pimples actually occur due to oil overproduction, dead skin cells and bacterial growth. Exfoliating your skin once a week is enough but if have got active acne avoid scrubbing as it might spread bacteria to the rest of your face.
December 7th, 2013 By Veronica Smith
For a flawless glow on your skin, you are required to follow the Cleanse/Tone, Treat/Repair and Hydrate /Protect formula on a daily basis. Here is what more your skin demands at various stages of your growing age.
- 1. Anti-Aging Products: It’s time to embark on anti-aging skin care regime. Shop for skin products that contain AHA’s, Vitamin A and C and also glycolic acid to maintain the radiance and smoothness of skin.
- 2. Eat Healthy: Follow a healthy diet plan and avoid fast food and processed food diets for a healthier lifestyle and gorgeous skin.
- 1. Banish Dark Circles: Get rid of the tired look by choosing products containing lightening agents, such as hydroquinone which remarkably help reducing the appearance of dark circles.
- 2. Indulge a Little: Munch upon some of your favorite dark chocolates as they contains anti-oxidants, red wine contains resveratrol another powerful anti aging component that slows down the aging process.
- 1. Exfoliate: Exfoliation is the key to healthy complexion. Scrub with AHA’s or cleansing brush to unclog pores.
- 2. Get Your Vitamins: Make it your routine to take supplements including amino acids, glucosamine, antioxidants, Vitamin B6, A, C, D and E.
50’s and Beyond
- 1. Plump Up: Shop for products that plump up the skin, these include hyaluronic acid and retinol. They will offset the signs of aging, leaving behind a youthful skin.
- 2. Restore Collagen: Much on foods such as carrots, sweet potatoes and oranges to increase your Vitamin A and C to help restore your collagen levels.
November 30th, 2013 By Veronica Smith
Besides taking good skin care, it is important for you to make sure you protect your skin from further damage. Otherwise all your skin care attempts would be wasted, as none of the treatments will be able to show their effects.
Here are a few homemade tips for glowing skin.
- Enhance your skin condition by massaging with tomato sauce (natural tomatoes we mean) and let it sit for 15 minutes. Rinse off thoroughly with Luke warm water.
- Massage with a mixture of lemon juice and yoghurt to illuminate dark spots and acne marks.
- Improve skin complexion by massaging with skin cream milk with a punch of turmeric powder.
- Prepare a paste of turmeric powder and sandalwood powder with the rose water and apply it on your face to improve skin complexion.
- Slowly run raw potato peels onto your skin and wash after 15 minutes.
- Prepare a paste of gram flour and ¼ turmeric powder with milk and apply it onto face. Wash it after 15 minutes for a perfectly glowing skin.
- Make a paste of powdered orange peel and yoghurt and apply the mixture on the face. Rinse with Luke warm water after 15 minutes by rubbing in a circular motion.
- Prepare a thick paste combining the egg yolk, little cheese, honey and fuller’s earth to make a mask. Apply it on your face and neck to enhance the skin tone and tighten the skin.
Soak a pinch of saffron in raw milk and apply it on your face and neck. Wash off after 15 minutes for a fairer and glowing skin.
November 22nd, 2013 By Veronica Smith
Hereis a list of 4 handy tips for mitts which you can easily include in your daily beauty regime to maintain rejuvenated and flawless hands.
Keeping them Clean
Make it a habit to wash your hands with anti-bacterial soap and lather for about a minimum of 15 seconds and then wash it away with luke warm water.
Overcoming Anxiety – No more biting your nails
Biting your nails is actually a sign of anxiety. But you might not be aware of the fact that in order to overcome anxiety, you might just also bite off your nail cuticles. Therefore go for regular manicure and avoid biting your nails.
Avoid Spots – Protect Hands with a Sunscreen
Age spots are not just meant for your face, they even appear on your hands. Make sure you apply an even quantity of sunscreen at the back of your hands every time before you step out into the sun.
Keep your hands soft throughout the day by applying a generous quantity of hand cream or body butter on regular intervals.
November 15th, 2013 By Veronica Smith
Perfect for jazzing up and pampering up a wardrobe, here is a list of the best beauty gift ideas for this Christmas.
Mavala Nail Polish
Give a unique gift this Christmas-a nail polish in a bauble. Available in two shades to choose form, shimmering silver or festive red, you cab surprise her with this multipurpose decorative beauty gift.
M&S Limited Collection Blusher
The limited edition vintage styled blusher is great stocking filler and the picture of the cute reindeer adds up to the festive spirit.
Elemis Spa Body Treats
Present your beloved something more precious than money this Christmas. Elemis spa body spa contains all that she needed to spend a splendid and joyous holiday this season.
Clinique High Impact Lashes
Gift her perfect Christmas package in a chick beauty wallet containing high impact mascara, cream sharper and powerful eye serum.
Estee Launder Gold Evening Bag Collection
Give her a lavish gift of the gold crocodile clutch by Estee Launder. Make her simply look glamorous toting this at the Christmas party. To surprise her more keep the Golden Alligator compact and Pure Color Lipstick housed inside the clutch.